Ah, this is a tricky one as I don't want anyone to know who I am on here. However, coincidentally, this actually IS one of my favourite photos of myself and not simply because I have my back to the camera!
This photo was taken in Sorrento at the beginning of November 2007. I'd gone back for the second time with Star Trek Girl (the first was just for a day or 2) and we were having coffee on the swanky terrace of a hotel we weren't staying at. I'm looking out over the bay of Naples and it must have been a day or so before or after my 36th birthday. I see my birthday as the beginning of a new year instead of January 1st so always go on holiday to celebrate and to have a bit of a life audit.
I'm 2 stone lighter in this photo and my hair is now way past my shoulders having been kept short for 20 or so years. But I don't love this photo because I'm thinner, I love it because it's a sunny day, the sky and sea are the colour of sapphires, I'd enjoyed a few gorgeous Italian coffees under the flowering Amalfi vines, I was with a good friend, and we had no place to go and were in no hurry to get there.
Man I adore Italy - I so wish I was there today!

what a beautiful photo!
ReplyDelete