24 June 2013

Blogging Challenge Day 16: A Day In The Life (Include Photos From Throughout Your Typical Day)

I'm going to start this one with a photo I took at 9.10 last night and do it over a 24 hour period rather than 9-bedtime today. I don't usually take pictures of food so I want to use it; plus it's been a long day so I am done taking photos!

Last night I went to see the televised Pompeii exhibition at the cinema - it was brilliant. I've been to Pompeii 3 times and intend to see the London exhibition, but it was great to see experts talk us through the various exhibits on display. Afterwards we went to Carluccios to keep up the Italian theme and I had one of my favourite meals of soft, comforting Gnocchi and a crisp ice cold glass of Verdicchio. I have no photo of the meringue, vanilla cream, and raspberry coulis pudding unfortunately!
This is my morning view from the dining room table which is where I decided to work from today. I've got my laptop on, coffee at the ready, and I'm viewing my calendar before I send out 2 press releases for a PR client before I go and have a shower.
The view to my left. I would be moving to that chair later.
12.01. I had a small black coffee as I'm on a fast day (5:2 diet) after the disgusting over-indulgence that was last week. There are usually biscuits in the tin on the left and the small digital radio was tuned to Classic FM cos I'm kulchured.
12.26pm Back at the laptop. My screensaver is the marvellous Martha Gellhorn who I am very much obsessed with at the moment. I then spent the whole afternoon working on a very dull spreadsheet with the TV on half watching Golden Girls, DS9, Cake Boss, and Breaking Amish on catch up. Highbrow stuff!
Mid afternoon and my spreadsheet work is interrupted by an attention-seeking Treacle wanting a cuddle and to inspect my data entry skills.
7.46pm and I'm in a local cafe having a CV consultation with a new client. No rest for this freelancer.
My view of the bar before I left for home around 9pm. A 13 hour working day and now I'm here writing this! 

So quite a boring day but very typical in that I spent most of it in front of my computer. You can see that I wasn't joking when I said I didn't cook although I did have a bowl of yoghurt with honey, seeds, and raspberries after I got in. It's now 10.36 and I'm in my jamas about to take my make up off then watch 'The Returned' on catch up and then I'll go to bed around 11pm and read until midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?