I didn't get on with my little bro when I was a kid. There's 9 years between us and he was always a bit of a brat to be honest - even family members agree that he was a bit of an arsewipe (not their exact words but near enough). He had colic when he was born so I wasn't allowed near him which meant we never really bonded sadly.
We get on much better now he's an adult, but he's a bit of a closed book and could be a serial killer for all we know. He's not very chatty and likes to do his own thing so I'm not really sure what he's like. It's all fine though; my family dynamic is a little different than most peoples but it seems to work for us.
When he was about 4 or 5 my Dad, my Brother and I were taking a walk round the lake near our house. I'm not much for walking at the best of times and I was a teenager so I was even less enamoured with traipsing around in the cold. I think I was wearing a windcheater so it must have been a shitty day and I imagine it wasn't my idea to go and that I was there reluctantly.
Anyway, as most teenagers do, I was trailing sullenly about 3 or 4 paces behind my Dad who had my brother on his back piggyback style. About half way round the lake I quickly ran up behind my brother and gave him a light kick up the arse then dropped back again. My brother looked sharply round and complained about said treatment - as one would. My Dad looked round, saw that I wasn't close enough to kick him and told my brother to stop making up stories.
A few minutes later I did it again. Same result.
I then did it again - a quick but silent kick up his little backside and I dropped back nonchalantly and averted my eyes across the lake. My brother again whined that I was kicking him. That was it - my Dad had enough and gave my Brother a slap for telling lies.
And THAT is the type of person you're dealing with here folks. I found it funny then and I still find it funny now. I did come clean about it as an adult though and my brother forgave me - along with all the other things I (and my complicit best friend) did to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?