9 June 2013

Blogging Challenge Day 1: The Story of Your Life in 250 Words or Less

Born in 1971 in quite a small town, my 16 year old Mum had just married a man who would physically abuse us both until she divorced him and we went to live with my Great Grandparents. She met my stepdad when I was 4 and married him when I was 8. My brother was born when I was 9 then my (as I recall) very happy childhood took a turn for the worse. Things and my parents changed for some reason and I spent the rest of my childhood in a state of anxiety and fear of them and my home.Things were unpleasant.

Hating being a child and being told what to do, I went off the rails a bit as a teenager and ran away from home a few times until I eventually left for good around the age of 18. I dropped out of nursing college due to funds and ended up on a scussy housing co-op and discovered drugs. Where I'm from you either got into trouble or lived a mundane domestic life - I took the former and would do so again. Never taking really hard drugs, I managed to waste a few years with some unsavoury types until I spontaneously moved on my own to Brighton in 2004 with £150 and knowing nobody.

Apart from a year when I moved to Leeds for love and hated it so much I moved back, Brighton has been the love of my life. I find relationships hard as I don't like compromising or sharing, I like being by myself, and I can be contrary - not a recipe for happy relationships! I work for myself and love what I do. I have great friends who accept me and my parents are different than they were. I like who I am - I'm resilient and confident with high self-esteem. 

With the start I had it's a miracle.

__________________________

Even with some hard editing and leaving out a whole load of stuff, I still went over by 70 words but there was no way I could tell the story of my life in less. 

Day 1 ticked off! 

1 comment:

Waddaya think?