I just spend 2 mornings and literally hours reading back through all the old posts of a blogger friend I've neglected for months and I can honestly say that I haven't laughed so hard in ages.
Superlative is a rather fabulous fella who happens to live in the same town as me. I've never met him in person but I chat to him on Twitter sometimes and him and his boyfriend are people I reckon I'd get on very with if I met them in real life. Well I fancy the cocktails, Eurovision hangouts and chatting parts not the fancy dress parties and clubbing stuff he does cos that's not my bag at all. But anyone who can discuss the merits of flakey vs puff pastry and puts that much effort into costumes is my kind of chap.
Anyway, he'd been doing a 'Blog every day in May' thing which meant he'd been given a title each day and had to write about it. I loved the idea. My blog has frankly become boring - I'm bored of it myself so it must make for very dull reading (don't answer that). The other day I looked back at some of the dating stuff I wrote a couple of years ago and I used to be funny dammit.- what the fuck happened to me?
Sometimes I don't really know what to write about if I'm honest. I think maybe I need to have don't have 'something to tell you' and perhaps the availability of Twitter means I can quickly make a statement without having to focus and write loads. Plus I have 2 business blogs and I'm trying to write another website so this blog often just gets left. Well I don't want that to happen any more so I've decided to do the blog a day challenge myself.
Obviously I'm a month late and it's already a week into the month but I'm just going to write a post a day on each subject anyway cos I'm a rebel like that - I thumb my nose at rules and flash my arse at protocol (who am I kidding, I'm so not the type of person who would flash my arse or bosom at anyone - it's common, scummy, and rude).
So here goes with this challenge. Below is the list of subjects you have to write about; feel free to join in or maybe just pick one that appeals to you and share it with me.
With this being a secret blog, I suspect I might have a problem with #17.
Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less
Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at
Day 3: Things that make you uncomfortable
Day 4: Favourite quote and why you love it
Day 5: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don't have blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or family member
Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
Day 7: The thing(s) you're most afraid of
Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.
Day 9: A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)
Day 10: Most embarrassing moment (s)
Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less
Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time in your life)
Day 13: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny, serious or as creative as you want it to be
Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy
Day 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day or a photo an hour)
Day 16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it
Day 17: A favourite photo of yourself and why
Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood
Day 19: Five of your favourite blogs and what you love about them
Day 20: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now
Day 21: A list of links to your favourite posts in your archives
Day 22: Rant about something
Day 23: Things you've learned that school won't teach you
Day 24: Your top 3 worst traits
Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget
Day 26: Something you read online. Leave a link and discuss, if you'd like
Day 27: A letter to your readers
Day 28: Only pictures
Day 29: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories
Day 30: React to this term: Letting Go
Day 31: A vivid memory

Looking forward to this!! x
ReplyDeleteIf Day 18 includes being a teenager I can certainly help with this one! And Day 10! This is brilliant!x
ReplyDeleteNP - tee hee! Who can say...
ReplyDelete