![]() |
| Lies |
So just after a month after I contacted the potential employer asking what was going on, I received an email. This was only 3 days ago and he basically said that he had been too busy to check his emails until now and that he would be looking into sorting his life out a bit more over the next few weeks. That was it.
So he still has not given me an answer one way or the other. I replied yesterday with an on-call retainer proposal. For a monthly fixed fee I offered to be on call and meet him anywhere in the world within 24 hours. He could then pay me a daily rate when I was there and I could go home when the work was done.
This meant he wouldn't be paying someone an annual salary if he didn't need them all the time, I wouldn't have to sit around like Billy-no-mates waiting to be summoned, I could still carry on working for myself, and if it didn't work out then neither of us had lost anything.
I haven't heard back yet obviously but I think it's a good offer and a happy medium. I texted him to inform him that he had an email from me, so I I will let you know!

well done - sorted in more ways than one! x
ReplyDelete