Today is my third day of feeling and looking as rough as a badgers arse. I came home from a friends on Thursday night with a banging headache and, although I'd hoped it was the red wine that was the cause, I suspected otherwise.
I now ache all over. My ears ache, my teeth ache, and day 3 has also bought with it a tickley hacking cough and a snotty nose. I have looked better.
There is one positive aspect to all however. I was lying in bed this morning after the most awful night of being freezing cold then too hot, coughing myself awake every 10 minutes, and snotting all over the pillow and I suddenly realised how fortunate I was not to have any kids to look after.
I was lucky enough to be able to lie there until half 10 feeling dreadful. If I'd had kids, I would have had to drag myself up hours before to get their breakfast ready and dress them. even if my boyfriend had done this instead, I would be lying there listening to kids running and shouting when my head was splitting open. Instead, I could lie on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and crochet, read my Kindle, watch TV, or have a little kip.
There have been an innumerable number of times that I have felt lucky not to have any children - as you know I've never even heard one tick from my broken clock and this has suited me just fine. That existence would not suit me whatsoever and today I counted my blessings once again. I may be poorly but at least I can be sick in peace and quiet!

Hi Jo,
ReplyDeleteThanks for finding my blog . I'm glad it made you smile. My parents lived in Hove for a while so I used to visit Brighton. That new wheel looks amazing they seem to be appearing everywhere there is now one in Plymouth and Bristol too.
I hope you are soon feeling better.
Sarah
i think those same things all the time. Being sick especially. it's bad enough my dog eats my box of kleenex, or digs the used up snotty ones out of the trash because I neglect him when I'm ill, if I had kids, they'd have swallowed all my cleaning products due to my neglect, and I'd be in jail. I'd rather buy another box of kleenex.
ReplyDeleteOne of the aristocratic Mitford sisters once said, I love children, especially when they cry, because then somebody comes along and takes them away.
ReplyDeleteI guess the solution to all our problems is being born rich and pampered.
Hope you are better by now!! Sarah x
ReplyDelete