I just discovered I am a sufferer of 'Silent Migraines' - oh, yes; because I have to be different (you are a unique and special snowflake) I have to be the freaky person who gets a headache without the... urm, headache!
A coupla months ago I started to see a jaggedy white shape in my peripheral vision; it starts really small like a cog and then gets bigger and opens up - I thought it might be because of light coming in through my window at work and hitting the side of my eye but when I had it a couple of times at home I went to see the doctor - who actually didn't have a clue what it could be.
Luckily before I panicked and thought I was going blind, my flatmate described it perfectly to me as what she gets when she has a blinding migraine - unfortunately for her, she also gets a banging headache and feels sick. Lucky old me I only gets them for about 20 minutes; but in that time I can't focus properly and get a kind of blind spot like when you accidentally look at the sun. It's not painful but just a bit unnerving.
From looking on the Internet it seems that there's not really a lot I can do about it; I could take headache tablets, but as it only lasts for about 20 minutes there's not really much point - I'd quite like it to go away again though!
wow, the more I read your blog the more I seem to find we have a lot in common. I get these migraines too. My eye DR, also gets them & he says many times they happen when one is dehydrated. He says as soon as he starts getting one he immediately drinks two large glasses of water. He also told me he believed staying properly hydrated helps prevent them.
ReplyDelete