27 April 2009

It Takes a Long Time to Grow an Old Friend


My Sunday night girly period drama fix with Eva has re-commenced. We had a few weeks break as the wily old girl spends a month in Thailand each year - but now she's back! I felt very envious of her this year as we had a particularly dreary March.

Star Trek Girl was here when Eva arrived and we caught the last rays of the afternoon sun in the garden and nattered as we watched Dexter busy himself with the Spring insect life. After she left, Eva and I had a good gossipy catch-up; watched 2 episodes of Cranford, ate some crackers, pate, cheese, rocket and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and had a lovely evening like we always do.

You get used to having people around, but I have known these 2 women for 14 years and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. They are both inspirational in their own way (one posters for a living and the other is a foreign diplomat, so quite different!) I always look forward to seeing them and they are both strong, positive, kind, funny and really good company - I feel very fortunate that I have some truly fabulous friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?