23 April 2009

Bluff King Hal And Me

This week is the 500th anniversary of the accession of Henry VIII so The History Channel has been running a 'Henry week' - I have been in my geeky little element!

I've always been interested in the Tudors; at school they told us of a king who had 6 wives and killed 2 of them; what child wouldn't be fascinated by such a story? What sort of man was this and how could he get away with it? from the age of 7 I was hooked.

So this week I've been camped out on the sofa watching programmes on every wife, what he ate, how he dressed, the 55 palaces he built, his advisers, policies, children and how he entertained himself - I've read many books on The Tudors so I know all of these things anyway, but I just feel so happy when immersed in the past that I wish this week would last for ever.

Henry, you were a tyrant but I do love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?