I know I'm tempting fate by saying this, but 2013 was fucking amazing... it was just as good as last year and that was one of my best years ever!
In a way it's been a long time coming as my life has been chaotic from the day I was born and, even though I know things will change (because this is the natural order of things) I'm very aware that things are going really well for me at the moment.
This year has been great for me work-wise and work makes me very happy as you know. I have my flat for at least another year and I have two amazing little furry-faced darlings who, even though they kept me awake all bloody night, make me very happy.
I went to visit a friend in Provence in March and saw Verona in November, I'm healthy, I'm happily single, the 5:2 means the scales are slowly moving in the right direction, I have good friends and I have two successful businesses. I am very aware and grateful that things are good.
I've decided that I'm happy because of these four things:
1) I have interesting work that I enjoy
2) That work is bringing in money and my outgoings are low so I'm not worried about cash
3) I live by myself in a quiet, safe home in a way that I choose
4) I have pets to look after and stroke
I've had these things before individually or in various combinations, but I think I've achieved optimum happiness this year because I have all four things at the same time. There are other things that add to my sense of happiness of course, but these seem to be my personal core essentials.
I know I need to save money as I won't have this flat forever, but when I look back at this year there isn't anything I really want to change or improve upon. A few tweaks here or there I guess, but actually I seem to have the formula just right - which is about bloody time!
How was 2013 for you?

How fantastic to be happy and to do what you want to do! 2013 was not a good year due to bad health and losing a very dear friend. But I won't remember it for that. I'll remember it for visiting Bosnia and Italy, both dreams of mine for so long and for studying a whopping six papers so that I could finally qualify. Bring on 2014!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the late reply -I thought I'd already written it! I'm sorry your year wasn't a good one but it does sound like you had some great things happen too. I go to Italy nearly every year and I love it there; the food is stunning as you know, and It's so beautiful. Well done on your studies too - you must be very proud. x
Deletethis is amazing!! it's so great to see gals who are so in touch with the good things in their lives...good for you! keep up the good, positive outlood!
ReplyDeleteThank you Fizzgig - I know you had a pretty good year as well; I hope 2014 is even better!
DeleteMerry Xmas! So glad your life is on the right track
ReplyDelete2013 was blah for me, but there's always 14.
I met this British singer, Sam Smith - he was shooting a music video near my house a couple of weeks ago - what a sweetheart - have a bit part in his video. See him on you tube - amazing voice and he's only 21.
Keep seeing photos of drunken Brits on Mad Friday - disgusting (just like Vegas) - sincerely hope you're not involved
Thanks Wolynski. Blah is better than AAARRRRGGGHHH I guess!
DeleteI was not involved (shudders) surely you know me by now? I was at the back throwing stones. x
I am super chuffed that you have had such a good year - can't think of a single person who deserves it more after the ffort and the crap you faced before ... stability and satisfaction achieved!
ReplyDelete2013 has been ace for me, lots of big changes but all for the good, even if I will be homeless and jobless entering 2014! I like to think of it as being free and taking my time to decide next steps, with a lovely man by my side to boot.
hoorah, and happy xmas!
Thank you Star Trek Girl! That means a lot. I think 2014 is going to be an amazing year for you. What an adventure you have coming!I can't wait to see you. x
DeleteWrote a long comment that the computer just swallowed ... suffice to say, I believe you have more than deserved this year, and hope next year continues to delight. My year has been ace, and looking forward to the freedom of being homeless and jobless! Xx
ReplyDelete