So the whole title is 'Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your Blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don't have Blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or even a family member'.
This is quite a difficult one as although I've 'known' a few of my Blogger mates some time and I've even met the formidable and inspirational Wolynski when I went to Vegas. Superlative and Unknown Housewife are also rather marvellous but I don't know any of them well enough to be able to profess my devotion to them. Respect and admiration yes - love and devotion no.
I was going to write about my bestest buddyroo (she comments on here as NP) as she's like a sister to me and I adore her, would take a bullet to save her, and would give her my best kidney if she needed it - but she's not a Blogger as she has a life. Then I remembered La Tarzane (aka the person I write to on here as Star Trek Girl) although she's been really slack and hasn't posted for months, she's forgiven because she's incredibly busy doing terribly important work, plus she has a new fella which keeps her 'occupied'.
La Tarzane is a.mazing. She was introduced by a mutual friend who said of her before we met "you'll love her, she's just really, really nice" and suspicious sceptical me remembers narrowing my eyes behind her back and thinking "hmmm nobody is that nice". But she was - and more!
She's such a role model that If I couldn't be me then I'd want to be her. I've never met anyone who has so many talents; she speaks 6 or 7 languages, her CV would make you blush, she always has time for everyone despite anything going on in her own life, she's generous, modest, intelligent, attractive, easy-going, patient, thoughtful, and has impeccable judgement. If she says something is a certain way then it just is. You don't question the woman. You want to hate her but you can't because she's just so awesome - in the actual true meaning of the word.
I'm a person who can find faults in literally anyone dead or alive, but it really is very hard to find fault with her. If I had to pick something then it's that she's far too reasonable and non-judgemental and it's hard to engage her in any kind of bitching. She fence-sits a bit but that's because she always sees both sides of the argument and understand the nuances of 'grey areas'. As a very black and white person, this is slightly maddening for me, but I was stretching to find something. She has to use these qualities in her job so it's very handy she possesses them.
She's supportive, generous with her time, and I don't think there's isn't anything she can't do if she wanted to. When I shared a house with her I came in one day and she was in the kitchen making pasta... from scratch. Rolling it out and everything. At the time she was volunteering on the Paris Love Parade, teaching kids in the day, working in a call centre in the evening, doing overnight and weekend stints at a girls school, and learning to ride a motorbike so she could pass her test and earn extra cash before she went off to teach in Indonesia. And the woman was just making some pasta like she had nothing better to do. She's even DJ'd at Manumission for God's sake!
I've rarely ever seen her get annoyed or stressed either. A situation so extreme where you or I would be punching someone hard in the face, throwing furniture through windows, or rolling around on the ground screaming ourselves hoarse, would leave her merely inconvenienced yet pragmatic and ready to find the best in the situation and move on. She's like frigging Buddha.
So I profess my love and devotion to my Blogger and good friend La Tarzane cos she is one of the most marvellous people that I ever had the fortune to meet. I'm incredibly glad she's part of my life because she adds so much to it. It's not so much 'what would Jesus do, it's more like 'what would La Tarzane do'? because whatever she'd do would simply be the best thing. She's brilliant.

I just want to cry now ... bless you sweetie, I love you too!
ReplyDeleteAnd every word of it is true.
ReplyDeleteAnd I will protect you from Zombie Spiders. I am holding on to that kidney comment tho!... X
ReplyDelete