14 June 2013

Blogging Challenge Day 6: If You Couldn't Answer With Your Job, How Would You Answer The Question 'What Do You Do'?

Ah, this is an interesting one because my job is very much who I am. I love it so much that I wrote a whole blog post boasting about it! I also particularly wanted a job that was part of my life not something I did while I waited for the evening and weekends, so I work a LOT!

But I'm not allowed to answer the question with what I do for a living so after giving it a bit of thought I've got it down to these 3 things - cos I'm multi-faceted me.
Don't even think about touching them kiddo
I Organise - man I love sorting things. My life is dedicated to making order from chaos in any way I can. I wish I could tidy up every loose end, rough edge, untidy person, typo, messy cupboard, and irrational filing system in the world. Then I'd put colour-coded post-it notes on everything, have a good hoover, and cross it off my to-do list. 

My best friend says "if it's not a right angle, it's a wrong angle' and she's right. I do not think that 'a clean house is a sign of a wasted life', I think it's a sign that a dirty bastard who leaves their shit everywhere and is happy to live in their own filth doesn't live there.

I Observe and Absorb - I'm definitely one of life's watchers. I love learning new things and like watching people (don't listen to then, they only tell you what they want you to hear and they usually have no clue as to who they are anyway - watch them instead and you'll see everything). I also like watching TV and films, I love museums, and I like staring at the sea and just taking it all in and having a good think. Absorbing life rather than tearing through it madly I guess. I don't want to miss the details.
I Judge - whilst I'm watching I'm also judging. I am a hugely judgemental person but I'm not consciously doing it, it just happens. Those I judge include people who I feel aren't contributing to society and making themselves useful, the way some choose to present themselves, loud people, people with no spacial awareness, people who are late, people who push in, dirty people, and people who are so chaotic I wonder how they get through a day. This list could go on forever though to be honest as I find most people incredibly annoying.

But although I myself judge people on their behaviour (and a million other things), I would also wholeheartedly defend their right to act however they like - unless they're a murdered or rapist of course. I firmly believe that life would be extremely dull if people were all the same, and I also love it when people are diverse, colourful, and different from me. I also fully appreciate that people do things for a variety of reasons including youth, stress, idiocy, and learned behaviour ... but obviously inside I'm still going to judge them of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?