27 June 2013

Blogging Challenge Day 19: Five Of Your Favourite Blogs And What You Love About Them

I'm short on time this evening and it's already gone 8pm and I've been at my computer all day - so this is gunna be a quick one!

I read quite a lot of blogs actually. Some are on Blogger, most are businessy/lifestyle ones and others are craft ones. The first 2 are ones that I always read no matter what and the others are ones that I simply enjoy.

Location 180 - this is an amazing blog/website of a guy who chucked it all in to travel the world whilst working. He tells you how to become location independent and live a happy life from anywhere in the world. His site is truly inspirational.

Attic 24 - this is a craft blog written by a stay at home Mum in Yorkshire. I'm not into a lot of the stuff she writes about as my life is nothing like hers and I wouldn't want it to be. She also likes really twee and overly girly stuff and her blog is a riot of colour whereas I prefer minimalist clean and simple styles. But I love reading her posts. This blog was an amazing resource when I first started to crochet and I still use it to get creative inspiration from. I do wish she'd post more patterns but I check her blog the most out of everyone's - even on my phone!

La Tarzane Leaves the Urban Jungle - this lazy cow hasn't updated her blog since December last year but I know she's busy and I love her so I'm letting it slide. This blog belongs to a friend of mine who's stationed in Aman. She was stationed in Jordan before that and she writes about the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the places she visits. She posts videos of fish in the sea while snorkelling and the beautiful architecture and people around her. It's a great insight into places you'll probably never visit which is why it made this list.

Unknown Housewife - Sarah is someone who I've kind of 'known' for about 4 years now although I've never actually met her. I like her blog because she is incredibly honest, and although she's a Mum, she doesn't let it define her or bang on about her kids all the time. In fact she often writes about how difficult she finds it which makes her endearingly human and is exactly the reason I like reading her stuff. 

We all want to see the real side of people and, although her life is very different from mine and I'm not necessarily interested in everything she gets up to, I love  reading her blog. I can tell she has a lovely heart and I'm always rooting for her. It's odd how you can feel endearment for someone you've never met but that's how I feel about Sarah.

The last one is a hard one so I'm going to bend the 'rules' and share it out:

I enjoy Fizzgigs blog although it's still pretty new to me. I'm very much enjoying finding out about her post by post and she seems to have vast resources of emotional and physical strength. It's great reading about another strong female - even though she doesn't always seem to know how strong she actually is.  

I love Superlative's blog cos he's hilarious and I like him very much despite never having met him - even though he actually even lives in the same city as me by some strange coincidence. He's another lazy blogger but he has a good heart, can tell a great story, and his family life is comedy gold. It also sounds like he makes a mean cocktail - every day after he leaves his shitty job where he is wasting his talents and dirtying his fabulous, shiny, darling little soul.

Wolynski is someone who's blog I adored but she got shut down by the US Government or Blogger or summat for slagging off the Mafia Museum in Vegas (It's shonky apparently). Her blog was quite political and she was world-savvy and fascinating. I've actually met Wolynski even though she lives in Vegas and I liked her very much too. In fact I really regret not spending my last but day with her (long story) before I left the city. She is fascinating and I reckon she knows a lot about a lot and is the keeper of many secrets.

1 comment:

  1. awe, thank you so much for the shout out, that is really awesome to hear! I think we learn more about the people whose blogs we read than sometimes the people closest to us. It's an easy way to share your feelings without fear of "judgement".

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?