28 June 2013

Blogging Challenge Day 20: Get Real. Share Something You're Struggling With Right Now

Apart from worrying that the lease on my flat isn't going to get renewed and I'll be looking for yet another home, I'm actually struggling with too much work.

I work for myself and although it's great to be this busy (this month has been a record-breaker income-wise) I'm also working 10-12 hour days to get it all done. Which is why this blog didn't get updated much before I (foolishly) decided to do a blog every day challenge!

It's a great position to be in and I'd much rather have too much work than not enough which was my previous worry, but I'm so busy that I can't get time to figure out what to do. The problem is that people hire me to do the work because that's where the value is for them. I can outsource some of one of my businesses and I'm talking to a woman I think can help me with that later today actually, but my problem is that I also like to be busy - and yet I complain about it! See the catch 22 there?

I've got a Scanner personality so I like to have lots of things on the go. I run 2 businesses, I crochet in the evenings, I've started to write a new resource/authority site so I can make money from affiliates in the long-term, and that's without all the usual things like shopping, seeing people, finding time to eat, catching up on reading useful online articles, scheduling social media, writing posts for 2 business and one personal blog, reading books for fun, watching TV, going out... I feel knackered just reading that actually.

On one hand I've gotten a lot of those things down to a fine art, am good at time management, and love what I do, and on the other hand I can also faff around a lot and probably don't use my time as productively as I could. I also kind of suspect that if I did manage to sort it out so I got quieter then I'd immediately look for more things to do! 

Turning down work feels weird but I just can't take on any more at the moment. But I still try to. I know the world won't come crashing down if I take some time off or turn away work, but somehow I seem to pressure myself by thinking I should try and fit it all in - make hay while the sun shines kind of thing. I'm busy with both businesses and the yearly work on the festival hasn't even begun yet - my God I'd probably explode when that work comes in!

Anyway, that's my struggle right now - trying to get everything done. Right better get going - I've got a shit load of things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?