Man I've been busy lately. I run 2 businesses and I'm in the process of setting up an authority website so I can make a little bit of passive income each month from affiliates. And all this takes time. I've been glued to my laptop for around 12 hours a day (and waddaya know - here I am still) but it's all good.
Both my businesses are doing really well and each month I make more money than the same time last year. This doesn't necessarily mean that I have a ton of money mind you but I do have some fabulous jeans and the cats have a hell of a lot of toys! I remember so many posts on here where I was angry, stressed, and concerned about my businesses, but I've put in so much hard work that if it hadn't paid off then then life would be more unfair than I know it to be.
I'm really lucky in that I gain a great deal of pleasure from working. I know this is unusual as a lot of people I know find it hard to understand how work can make me so happy, but you spend so much time working and for so many years that to do something you hate is unacceptable - well it is to me anyway. Now I can't imagine working 9-5 Monday to Friday for someone else like most people do and like I did for so long. Although I can pick my own hours I work way more hours than I used to for about half the wage - and I love it. Sure more money would be great but I really love what I do.
Sometimes I'm on the bus into town and I see the place where I used to work on the hill - and I feel so smug (see photo for how smug I feel) that I don't have to spend my whole day there any more. Occasionally I have to go into town for 9am and I love seeing all the people in their worky clothes scampering off to their offices. The buses are rammed and everyone is stuck in traffic and most of them look pretty miserable - and I used to be one of them. My heart sings and I remind myself how lucky I am all the time.
The journey into Freelancing wasn't easy but damn it was worth it. I get to help people every day and do what I love to do. I can't imagine going back to working for someone else now and I hope I never have to go back. A lot of people are happy to do something they don't care about or actively dislike all week and live for the weekend, but I've never been able to do that. Sometimes I used to wish I could as I was so miserable but didn't know what job would make me happy.
Well thank God I worked it out cos my work life is brilliant. The only thing that's scary about freelancing is that you don't have a regular income; but that is the ONLY thing. everything else about it is brilliant... I really am very fortunate.

that has got to be the most rewarding feeling! Good for you for being able to recognize how blessed you are, many people take it for granted! happy post!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!! I remember when you were first contemplating going freelance and what a good decision you made!!I am glad you are earning a bit more money too. I think you are fab!! Sarah xxx
ReplyDelete