Hey La Tarzane! I know you're coming to visit in a coupla weeks but I haven't written you a post for AGES and, as you may have spotted, I've been going a bit blog posty mad since I became single again. Interesting to see that being in a relationship makes me lose my writing mojo!
I'd taken a few photos around town and decided that, as I don't go in that much, it would be nice to share them with you. The one above is of a new cake shop that's opened in Bond Street; the cakes look lovely and it's also a coffee shop so we'll have to go in when you next come. Look at those penguins!
The Sally Army guys were out the other day playing Christmas carols in the Lanes. There's something about a brass band that just makes carols sound that much better in my opinion. Frankly I'm getting so tired of hearing the same old shite on the radio year after year that I could fork my own eye out - it's like a ghastly festive Groundhog Day. Somebody PLEASE make a few more (good) Christmas songs, I'm begging you!
These gorgeous flowers were outside the shop near the Old Steine and they just looked so lovely on a grey winter's morning that I just had to snap them. Beautiful huh? I've been buying some flowers now and again from a guy that sells them on George Street on Saturdays. If you go late you can get a real bargain. I have to put them out of the way when the kitty is around of course cos she has them over in an instant.
This picture was taken in Hove Park on one of my morning walks with Wilson. You wouldn't recognise me - I'm often in the park with him before 9am and even before I've had a coffee! Can you imagine? It's lovely there and Wilson is a big hit with all the other dogs. He rushes over and immediately throws himself on to his back with his little tail wagging like crazy. Yesterday was awful though as the rain was coming down in buckets and we both got completely drenched.
This is a 'Storytelling Throne' in Hove Park. I think it was made with a diseased felled elm and made by a teacher. Not sure about that last bit - there is a plaque but I forgot to take a photo of what it said. I just thought it was pretty cool; although I have never seen anyone sitting on it telling stories.
I'm all ready for Christmas. My folks are giving my presents to NP as she's coming to stay with me on the 27th and 28th (plenty of room) which means I won't have any presents to open on Christmas Day booo. I'm not that fussed though; I've asked my folks for a boring Hoover as the one here is flimsy as fuck and not fit for purpose. I bet you don't know any other women who would request a vacuum cleaner as a Christmas present!
Really looking forward to seeing you. Get yourself here safely and remember to bring some gloves!





Not just gloves ... I'm bringing full skiing gear, moon boots and all! Looking forward to it though (the seeing you bit, not the moon boots!) X
ReplyDeleteI like that you are writing so much, even though I'm sorry its because you are no longer with your ex.I love your tree ( tres chic!) and I think Wilson is lovely. I really hope 2013 brings much happiness to you. You just never know what's round the corner. xx
ReplyDeleteAnd hopefully you will have a little something to open on Christmas Day...
ReplyDelete