This time next week I shall be in Italy... woooo hoooo! I can't bloody wait. I don't think it's going to be that much warmer than it is here but it's going to be so nice to get away for five days. The photo above is of my dream house which is just in front of the B&B we're staying in. That's Vesuvius over the Bay of Naples in the background.
We managed to get an amazing deal as well. The flights were £30 each way per person through EasyJet, then the accommodation was just £150 for the room between us. BETWEEN US!. The hotel calls itself a B&B and I guess it is; it's an old Abbey called Porto Salvo in a place called Sant'Agnello which is about 20 mins walk from the centre of Sorrento.
![]() |
| Pompeii and Vesuvius |
I've stayed there twice before in fact. It has thick white walls, wooden shutters, tiled floors, and orange trees in the garden. It's lovely. And it's very cheap. Plus it's about 12 seconds walk from the edge of the cliff overlooking the azure waters of the Bay of Naples. From here you can get the train to Naples, Pompeii, and Herculaneum. I've been to these places before of course, but Pompeii was so incredible that you could go every day for months and still see something new.
Then 8 days after I get back I move into my new flat. My lovely, bright, white, one-bed flat just for me. I still can't quite believe it actually. I'll have bills to pay but, because my client is paying half of the rent (well he has actually paid the entire one-year lease up front, I'm just paying half back to him each month) I should be in a great position to save up some money for my future.
Plus I can have Christmas in my flat again. My boyfriend hates Christmas and insists on telling me over again why it's shit thus ruining the whole thing for me. I try to show him why I love it, but he's not having any of it. So this year I'm going to get me a little tree and decorate it. Yes siree. I'm not going to go mad, but you will be able to tell it's bloody Christmas in my house! I'm pretty excited about that part actually. That and having a bright place to live that looks exactly like I want it to.
I fully appreciate this is an odd situation and almost like an old-fashioned concept of having a benefactor.This guy paid for me to learn to drive, flew me to Vegas (where he pretty much ignored me) and is now enabling me to have my dream living situation - and I've met him 3 times! He is a client and could drop me or even drop dead at any point, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
Roll on November!


Life sounds pretty good and I am so happy for you!! You deserve it.I can hear the relief in your words when you talk about your new flat. How very lovely! Hope you have a wonderful time in Italy. xx
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great place to stay. I can't believe the price! Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteSarah x