13 April 2011

Bluebells?


For my birthday last November, my best and oldest (over time not in age) friend bought me a fabulous little Pentax Optio E90 10 megapixel camera. I took it to Jordan and, apart from accidentally leaving the date stamp on, I was very happy with the results. 


Lately I've been practising taking some craft photos with the macro setting and it works really well; I've been making lots of badges and they do a very nice close-up. Today I thought I'd have a go at taking some macro photos of the flowers outside our window as this is what it was designed for I believe.  The results are not too bad I think..


I thought these were bluebells at first, but looking at other gardens along our road, these don't hang down as much and the edges aren't raggedy. I Googled blue flowers and I think they could possibly be Spanish Bluebells but I'm not too sure. I'm not a huge gardening person as it goes - I have enough to do as it is!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Urban! I'm not sure what they are, but I'd love some in my garden...what a great gift from your friend. I used to be into photography years ago, but it's one of those things that has gone by the wayside over time. You have a talent for it I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I am loving Springtime in England; days are getting longer, the white linen trousers are in the wardrobe and the flowers are in bloom.
    I think these are Agapanthus (African Lily) flowers,but if they are they are out really early as they bloom in the summer.
    P.S Thanks for clarifying the oldest friend definition! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. Can you get in even closer? I would love to see more! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?