12 April 2011

I Do, He Doesn't

I know I said a while back that I wasn't that interested in The Royal Wedding but that didn't mean that I won't be watching it. I meant that I didn't want to constantly hear about all the pre-event speculation - In fact, I have just informed BBF that the TV will be on in our house from the minute I get up until quite some time after the ceremony.

He was not overly impressed but I am standing firm on this one. How can you not be arsed to watch the heir to the throne get married along with everyone else in Britain?  I love history and this will be a historical moment being played out in front of us - why would I want to miss that?

Whilst I appreciate it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I want to see it all unfold, I want to witness the pomp and ceremony, see old English traditions and attire, and obviously I want to get a good gawp at Kate's dress. Pretty much everyone in the entire country will be excitedly watching this event and I am definitely going to be one of them... BBF says he's going out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Urban..thanks for visiting me!! I am so stoked to see the royal wedding!I remember watching Lady Di and Prince Charles get married in 1981.You're right, it's an historic event...who wouldn't want to watch history happen right infront of them? You're in England aren't you? It must be nuts there with all the hoopla! I'm Canadian and there's a lot of coverage here too that I have to turn off..everyone speculating on what the dress is gonna look like..I hate that..let's just wait till the 29th and we'll all see it! I'm gonna set my PVR in case I have to work..it's gonna be a spectacle that's for sure, and I love a good spectacle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a tea party and have bought so much Royal Wedding tat for it-Union Jack cups, plates, napkins,flags,bunting and a cupcake stand!
    I can't wait to watch the Wedding with finger sandwiches,cake,tea and my friends.
    I will be glued to my TV from about 7am and I can't wait. I am even going to wear a hat.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?