Have you ever lived with one of those people who put the alarm clock on snooze continually so that you keep getting woken up over and over again? Maybe it's you who are one of those people who love nothing better than to be unceremoniously jolted from their slumber just as they've started to drift off again? Well I can tell you I am not one of those people.
BBF however is such a person. He loves the feeling of being woken up only to be able to get some more sleep in, whereas I have always preferred to sleep undisturbed for the longest time possible; the alarm goes off and I just get up. That's just how I roll. Luckily for me he doesn't set the alarm very often!
We're both heading up to my parents house today; we're staying at my best friend's house as my folks don't have a spare room, we're going to see True Grit (again for me) tonight then tomorrow we will be showing BBF the stomping ground of our youth... I bet he can't wait!
We'll be showing him where we lived just round the corner from each other, Brooklands where we paddled amongst the sticklebacks and discarded crisp packets, the primary school where we spent playtimes French skipping and winning marbles, the ugly 60's secondary school that we slouched around with sullen expressions, back-combed hair and too much make up (that was me) and the Point Cinema where we wasted many a Saturday afternoon doing fuck all as only teenagers can.
Tomorrow he is also going to meet up to 15 members of my family including my Mum (the horror) and I will then try to explain away any family abnormalities and quirks of nature as if they have never been exhibited before. We are then going to go over to my cousin's house to see our new kitten. Yes, we finally have a kitty lined up - her cat had 3 kittens on Tuesday and only one of them is the little boy that BBF ideally wanted (he thinks male cats are friendlier) So I imagine I will take a tonne of photos and then stare at them continually until we collect him in a couple of months time.
I'm sure BBF will be most amused (and a little bemused) by his introductory peep into the banal locations of my past and the messy, noisy throng that is my massive family. He says he loves being the centre of attention so lets hope he's right; all he has to do is smile, pretend to be interested in my home town and not be too scared of my family - which is not as easy as it sounds!



Now, now, there's nothing wrong with Woburn Sands. Milton Keynes on the other hand is nothing but a festering pile of corporate hell.
ReplyDeleteHope all went well!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to figure how Stan & Ollie fit into this... maybe "that's another fine mess you got us into"? No, can't be.
ReplyDeleteWolynski - Stan & Ollie - shhhhhh!
ReplyDeleteSarah - went very well I think
JD - who are you & how did you know I was going to Woburn Sands?!
Hello! Nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award as you are so brilliant!! x
ReplyDelete