16 January 2011

The Man From RSPCA - He Say Yes!

A few days ago we registered with the RSPCA to be considered for adopting a kitteh, and yesterday a fellow called Luke came round to our flat and declared that 'a cat would love to live here'!

Unfortunately it's not kitty season and, unless we wait a few months, there are no kittens to be had. Ideally we'd love a little diddy cat frolicking and tumbling about the place but this would mean we wouldn't be able to take one home until at least the end of May and would have to have the doors and windows closed all Summer so it didn't get out (it needs to be old enough to be spayed and inoculated) We then go away to work at the festival in August for 11 days and you just can't leave a new kitten for that long.

I've already been without a cat for over a year and I really miss having one around and can't bear waiting 6 more months, so we've decided to keep looking for a kitten (they can be born all year round but they're usually born from March onwards) but are considering adopting a rescue cat that is under a year old, but not a newborn. It seems a shame to deprive an unwanted cat of a good home, just because we selfishly would like to be part of the cute stage.

So watch this space as I'll hopefully be introducing a new member of our household soon... eeeek!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh..a new kitty cat! I would go a youngster, not a kitten-still lots fun and like you say there will be plenty about looking for a new home. Have you thought of any names yet? Ohh, it's like you are expecting a baby..
    You have turned into a right soppy sod since you and BBF met-it's lovely to see you so settled. I am 99% happy for you and only 1% jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the way we're going to go - I can't wait to have a cat around the place (not so keen on sellotaping all my tops each day before I leave the house though!)

    Barrington is pretty high on the list of cat names, as is Mr Tibbs and Pringle (superlative's ideal cat name) I might even do a blog cat-naming survey / competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to you getting your new arrival. I have a new arrival myself. I don't need Luke to tell me that you will be a great cat owner. I love Mr. Tibbs already.I can also recommend rubbing your clothes with a wet rubber glove it gets the fur off a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to be approved to get a homeless cat, but anyone can give birth to a baby at any time?

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?