20 December 2010

A Helluva Lot of Nothing

I've been having a nightmare lately where the end of the day arrives and I have done sod all work - nothing. Nada. Zero. And this is now becoming a bit of a worry.

For the whole of last week, I literally did nothing - I'm sure I did something productive but I cannot with all honesty tell you what it was. I did make some peppermint creams, some chocolate truffles, tidied up a bit, and tried out the new bread-maker we got for Christmas (I know, but we wanted to make bread) but none of those things took a long time in themselves. I haven't even managed to write a blog post until today for Christ's sake!

Even today I intended to work for a client (I have got some work to do I just haven't done it) and instead did a small bit of work for another one, faffed around on the Internet a lot then went to Tesco. This seems to be happening every day, and at some point I will manage to run my business entirely into the ground. 

I've got to sort this out; every day I wake up with great intentions, then the day wears on and I've still done nothing that earns me any money - and I'm not sure why. I sleep in later now I've moved in with BBF as our room is pitch black in the morning (I set an alarm but I'm not doing that well) so that doesn't help, but mostly it's because I don't actually get on with anything once I'm up.

Then once I am out of bed, I seem to find everything else in existence that doesn't involve actually working for a living. I've got to sort this out soon because I have more outgoings now I've moved, and plus I'm starting to really piss myself off!

1 comment:

  1. I am the same; next to me as I speak is a second hand table that needs to be painted. I bought it last year. It is not painted. I never seem to have time to do it altho'funnily enough I do have time to watch TV and eat my own body weight in chocolate...

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?