26 December 2010

Had Ourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Well that's Christmas over for another year. I actually ended up having a really good time - I had been dreading it a bit to be honest; BBF doesn't 'do' Christmas as he's an armchair Jew and doesn't see the point of it all, but I was touched at how much of a (somewhat reluctant) effort he made for me.  

I did miss having a tree and decorations up, but the flat is already quite busy and I couldn't really afford to buy any. A friend gave me some but they would have looked a little sad on their own. I was also quite aware that BBF hates Christmas and he's been accommodating enough with the flat already. Maybe next year though.

So for our first Christmas together we drank liqueur coffee in bed and opened our presents; one of the presents that BBF gave me was a micro Scalextric set - my step-brother had one when I was young and I'd always been jealous.  It's small enough to wind around the coffee table legs without being in the way, and the only thing that's wrong with it is that after a while you're not sure who's winning! I gave him a Cineworld pass so he can come with me and not have to worry that he's wasting his money on a shit film!
My best friend gave me a new crochet book and there's some rather nice winter hats I'm going to have a go at making; I'm still loving crocheting and have loads of projects lined up. I'm about halfway through that throw, I've nearly finished making a bag, one of my friends is expecting a baby girl in March so I'm going to make a little hat for her, plus it'd be great to make some more bags and other kids stuff to sell.  

So overall a really good day; BBF is an incredible cook and made an amazing dinner; one of his friends gave him the recipe for some parsnip and polenta parsnips, and they are the crispest most delicious things you can imagine. We drank snowballs, wine and cava, ate Maltesers, chocolate truffles, peppermint creams, and wasabi cashews; we raced some diddy cars, watched some festive films and generally had a lovely Christmas - which I hope will be the first of many.

And incredibly nobody was sick!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, a man who cooks - what could be better? And he doesn't do Xmas - how wonderful.

    All the best for the holidays, but not for a day longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds bloody brilliant! Glad to hear you sounding happy and content.Good for you old bean!!Happy Christmas to you and your lovely sounding man! x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?