I have just been up to the attic to get my hot water bottle, scarves and winter coat... as well as my maxi dress and flip flops for Jordan!
On Halloween I will leave England at 4.30pm, wait 2 hours in Rome then arrive in Amman at 2.30 in the morning - so I guess it will be as cold as here when I get there.
The next morning it will be around 25 degrees and for a week I'll be applying sun tan lotion, covering up when I go out but trying to get maximum sun tannage exposure on the roof terrace and hopefully having a fab and groovy time.
The next morning it will be around 25 degrees and for a week I'll be applying sun tan lotion, covering up when I go out but trying to get maximum sun tannage exposure on the roof terrace and hopefully having a fab and groovy time.
On my return however, I leave Amman airport at 4.30 in the morning and arrive back in the November cold at 11.30am our time. BBF will be coming to collect me then driving us back to Brighton where I will be trying to stay awake so we can celebrate my birthday - but I'm not too sure when to sleep! Do I try to sleep before I leave Amman even though I'll have to be at the airport for 2am? Or do I have a siesta then try to sleep on the plane?
Sometimes I think I'm far too organised for my own good; I always want to have things planned out so that I'm efficient and not wasting time - like a Borg if you will. When it's something to do with me, I like to know where I am and what I'm doing - not that I work out itineraries on holiday or anything, but I do like to have a plan of action even if it's a loose one. I'd like to be a bit more of a go-with-the-flow kinda girl but that's just not me. Which is a good thing I suppose, as I'd be out of a job!

I am sure you will be working that Maxi dress. I too can not help being organized. I am a list maker. May be it's our age.
ReplyDeleteResistance is futile.
Face it, planning is futile.
ReplyDeleteAlso, as all truly free form adventurers know, sleep when you can!
I wouldn't try and sleep, the more you try the more you stay awake (at least that's the case with me.)On my flight back from Hong Kong Fooey I wished I has taken some sort of sedative - every bastard on that flight was asleep except me and that pissed me right off!
ReplyDeleteAnd you know you're going to make a list so don't even fight it. I made 2 lists when I packed; one for the suitcase and one for my carry-on.Nice.