19 October 2010

STG Post - Zombies, Bureaucracy And Restraint

Hey Star Trek Girl; I know it's been a while since you returned to Jordan so my apologies for not writing you sooner - anyway, here is a round-up of news from Blighty.

I'm hopefully going to manage to fit in some cool stuff before I fly out on my broomstick to see you at Halloween; there's the Zombie Walk on Saturday afternoon and then White Night in the evening. I've yet to have a proper look at the programme but there's loads of cool things on. Then the next day I leave on a jet plane to see you and also-visiting Klingon Man... yaaaaaay!

Autumn is well and truly here and I've been partaking in some hearty leaf-kicking; it's actually gotten quite parky and I've already cracked out my gloves and hot water bottle. I can't find my regular-sized one so am making do with Dexter's old diddy cow-shaped one! I also saw flyer girl today and she said to say hi; she gave me 2 early birthday presents which you'll be amazed to hear I haven't opened yet - which is very unlike me. 

All is well with me and BBF except that being in love is pretty scary, (read terrifying) I've always suspected as much but feeling somewhat vulnerable is not a very nice feeling and one I'd deliberately avoided until now. Still you have to throw yourself into these things and hope it all turns out well I guess. It's brilliant so far - I just want it to stay like this for ever!  
Business-wise everything is relatively peachy too. I believe I've picked up a new client (I never count them as such until they've been invoiced and paid) as well as the venue-finding one I landed last week. I'm still having issues with that one particular client not paying me on time and he'll be out on his ear as soon as I can afford to let him go - he's more hassle than he's worth frankly. He said that me wanting to be paid on time was "bureaucratic" ... cheeky fuck.

I guess that's about it my Trekker friend; I'll try to get another post in before I fly out but otherwise I hope all is well with you in Sunny Amman and I'll see you soon. x

3 comments:

  1. I would dump the twat who won't pay you on time. How would he feel if you didn't meet HIS deadline?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no profit in a client who withholds payment. If they pay but pay late, the charge they get is a little more than the one who gives payment within 10 days. I look at it as a "cost of business" and if doing business with them costs me more, they get charged more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with above - don't let them take the piss! And boy can I not wait until you get out here - you won't be needing the hot water bottle though!

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?