Yup getting shit loads of crocheting done! I have also been to see 3 films - 4 Lions, Robin Hood and Sex and The City. One was brilliant, one was pretty good and the other was abysmal. I will be writing thorough reviews tomorrow for you all.
I've been perfecting a crochet cupcake frosting technique (I can't believe I just wrote that) as a very popular cupcake shop in town has said they'll sell my stuff so I want to make some to reflect their own cakes; plus I'm working on some squares to make a throw which may be for myself or given as a present - I'm not sure yet. Each square takes ages but I do them whilst watching TV in the evening. To be honest, I'm just effing love crocheting now!
The dating thing is going kind of ok; the charity fella is abroad until the middle of the week but I had a drink with someone else in the meantime. I figured that unless you've snogged someone then no commitment gesture has been made thus I am still very much single.
I met up with Paul on Friday and could tell he was disinterested before I'd even sat down; I wasn't fussed though as I'd already emailed him to say I wasn't sure if there was any point in us meeting as he is only 5'8" and has 2 kids. (Well, I mentioned the kid bit) what's the point in getting involved with someone who has kids when you've actively chosen not to have any and don't even really like them? None that's what. He'd said there was no harm in meeting though, so against my better judgement I'd agreed.
I met up with Paul on Friday and could tell he was disinterested before I'd even sat down; I wasn't fussed though as I'd already emailed him to say I wasn't sure if there was any point in us meeting as he is only 5'8" and has 2 kids. (Well, I mentioned the kid bit) what's the point in getting involved with someone who has kids when you've actively chosen not to have any and don't even really like them? None that's what. He'd said there was no harm in meeting though, so against my better judgement I'd agreed.
He had contacted me on the site although I had specified in the tick boxes both a height limit (5'9") and that he either had to not have any kids or have some that were not living with him. I didn't mind giving a bit of leeway on the height as, although I like to wear heels, nobody is perfect, but the kid thing is a big sticking point. Being someone's Mum is bad enough, being someone's stepmum is worse and being Dad's girlfriend makes you at the bottom of the pecking order entirely. This is not a life I have chosen for myself and thought I was being too generous with the kid criteria anyway.
And that is about as far as the dating thing is going really; the vegan and I never bothered to contact each other again despite having got on ok, but I could see issue with both him going to live in Mexico for a year from August and the fact he was a vegan. The best thing about it was that he never wanted a piece of my cake but I imagine it would be hard to live with someone who you couldn't eat with!
I will obviously keep you posted on how all that turns out.
As a matter of interest, do you also have a maximum height-limit?
ReplyDeleteNo, I'm not asking on my own behalf here; it's just that sometimes I see guys wandering around with women 18 inches or more shorter than they are and I can see that might give some, uh, minor problems.
On the other hand, he'd always be handy for getting things off the top shelf!
Hi! I didn't realise you crocheted! Definitely more relaxing than kids any day. And you are soooo right about the Dad's girlfriend thing - trouble, trouble, trouble.As a complete shortarse I don't have a problem with height,but I see your point.Thanks for your advice recently - very helpful. Sarah x
ReplyDeleteKerrie & Sarah- yup, I told him to jog on; I'm not giving up my weekends to hang out with someone's kids - even he says they're a pain in the arse.
ReplyDeleteRo - You are supposed to specify; I have put 6'4" as my maximum height as I had a boyfriend that height once & proportionally he was brilliant! Not so fussed about the top shelf; I could just use a chair!