29 May 2010

Virgin Media Are Useless

For the last couple of days I've been having a nightmare with the internet. Basically Virgin Media are a bunch of incompetents who can't fix anything this side of Christmas due to their uselessness. The Internet went off 3 days ago and after a lot of faffing around and us thinking it was the equipment, or connection we phoned Virgin who reported  it to be their problem - but not to worry as it should be fixed by the 2nd June... Unfuckingbelievable.

So for the last couple of days I have been going down to a very kind friends house and using their internet all day but I don't want to put them out and it'd be nice to not have to leave the house to go online. Due to the nature of my job, I could get an enquiry, or work sent through at any time, plus all my crochet and craft stuff is on the internet as well as email  - you know how it is. Basically I can't do anything and am hugely inconvenienced.

Last night I discovered that one of the neighbours has an unsecured network which, although not ideal, means that I can at least check emails and write this blog - kinda. I always switch between Internet Explorer and Chrome to write a blog as I can't seem to drag photos around in Chrome. I just tried IE and it won't connect (I only have 2 bars) plus it drops me out every now and again. I'm not sure if I'm going to lose everything as it's not hot on saving either, so I'm just writing all my posts and then inserting pictures later.

I'm trying to roll with it and chill out but frankly it's pissing me right off and I'm both infuriated and a little upset. I know I should get over it but I'm just not going to. I want to do what I want to do and when I want to do it, and that's not happening so I'm a bit peevish frankly. On the plus-side there are 5 hours of Star Trek Voyager on later and I imagine I'll get shit loads of crocheting done!

4 comments:

  1. Oh poor you! That is a nightmare.I agree wholeheartedly about Virgin Media. They are absolutely rubbish and, what's more, impossible to get hold of. I hate them and have changed to Sky. Good luck hun. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sort of thing that drives a woman over the edge and into a box of Mr. Kipling cakes. I love the fact that your neighbours are letting you use their internet by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mileage, of course, varies and I know some people who are wholly in favour of Virgin. Then again, I've heard some real horror stories - believe me, you're not even close yet!

    I probably shouldn't have told you that, should I?

    I wouldn't do as Sarah did and go to Sky though - that's a matter of principle because of its owner. It may seem petty but, hey, we're all allowed our islands of pettiness!

    Best of luck getting it all sorted out, and I fervently hope you enjoyed the Voyager marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. If the Internet provider screws up, it's only for a few hours in America. Days would make them lose customers - I certainly wouldn't hang around.

    That dating thing - you specified not shorter than 5'8"? That's like a guy specifying not smaller than 36C.

    Actually I had lots of fun with a midget once - he came up to my waist, made me feel 10 ft tall. Lovely guy.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?