A familiar trend of being too busy to post as often as I used to is clearly starting to emerge here. My business is doing really well at the moment so I'm often just knackered when it comes to writing other things. Plus I write 5 blogs, have 3 Twitter accounts, a LinkedIn profile, I'm on Facebook (although I think it's arse and have nearly deleted my account on numerous occasions) I have 4 email accounts, and I run a networking group!
Although I'll be working most of today and tonight I never work for clients on Sundays and instead use the day to progress my business and do personal things. I just ordered some 'crafty' things from Amazon for my quilt-making project and I'll hopefully get around to watching the 2 series of Mad Men that I recently bought.
Things are going pretty well though - all I need now is a lottery win so I can finally have a home and another pet! I'm struggling without a pet to be honest; when you've had one for 15 years and suddenly there's nothing, it all feels a bit empty - having an animal is quite important to me; I'm not married with kids (kids decidedly by choice) and I think people need something to fill that 'something that loves me and I love it back' gap. With people, that relationship can be up and down but it's never that way with a pet - it's always up and never down!
Things are going pretty well though - all I need now is a lottery win so I can finally have a home and another pet! I'm struggling without a pet to be honest; when you've had one for 15 years and suddenly there's nothing, it all feels a bit empty - having an animal is quite important to me; I'm not married with kids (kids decidedly by choice) and I think people need something to fill that 'something that loves me and I love it back' gap. With people, that relationship can be up and down but it's never that way with a pet - it's always up and never down!
I'll be honest in that it'd be nice to have a partner, but I like my life and that person would have to add to it rather than detract; I know you have to work at relationships but you also need something to work with! Most of the men I know seem to be pretty useless and have character traits that would make me want to kill them if we were in a relationship. I have a feeling that I'll meet the right person at some point, but if I don't then it's not the end of the World. In fact, if I had a dog or a cat I wouldn't care at all...!
PS: you are all aware that when I finally do get another pet that I'm going to go a bit mental and there will be a short period of fawning and photos? If you could all just play along then that would be great.

I've never claimed to be a great pet-person, but whenever I've had one of my string of cats they've certainly added something valuable to my life.
ReplyDeleteBut, then, I do have a son that I'm pretty close to and who I adore :-)
I can only guess you're enjoying life at the moment. I can't believe there's anyone on this planet who keeps as busy with her work and her online stuff (work-related and personal) without finding it enjoyable. And that is a good thing :-)