Since I've lived in Brighton, there have been many days etched into my memory where I have been walking to work and thought "I don't want to walk in; I want to keep walking down to the beach, I want to sit in a cafe and watch you all scurry to work - I really don't want to go in" - it suddenly dawned on me yesterday that I have my wish!
Call me slow, but I've been so busy trying to start a business that I kinda hadn't noticed the freedom that is suddenly mine. Yesterday I went to pick up some paperwork from a client and decided to have a look at the sea whilst I was down there; this is what it looked like at 9.30am.
I then completed the work and ran down to The Laines to meet a friend for coffee at 2pm; he had been having a bit of stress lately so we decided to take a slow amble down to the seafront so he could tell me all about it...
We went via the Pavilion Gardens where there are usually buskers - today it was this fella.
After wandering along the front, we ended up eating hot sugary donuts on the pier where we suddenly found ourselves part of this magnificent starling swarm. It was incredible.
The light was fading and we saw that some of the rides looked amazing in the dusk - they were closed but we took some pictures... my friend was starting to feel better.

On the way back I decided to take him the fairy-light scenic route because I love fairy lights and knew where they all were. First we went this way...
Then round and through the square where the naked cherub rides a dolphin balanced in the middle of a fountain. Sometimes students put bubble bath in the fountain; but not today...
We then came through another shiny and sparkly twitten where we loitered over some coloured sugar mice, in the sweetshop window. Then up through the road where curved wooden benches flash rainbow-coloured lights along the length for no reason except that it's just nice.
Opposite the disco benches, the Theatre Royal was looking glamorous - It's not decorated for Christmas; it always looks like this.

Did I ever tell you that I was in Brighton once? I went to the peer and I went to some palace I can't remember the name. I took a tour through the Palace. Not my Idea but I was there with my mother so no choice. I really like the English coast.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of a wonderful, winter Brighton afternoon. Nice playing hooky while others work.
ReplyDeleteYou gotta love our wonderful town eh ... glad you're finally feeling the benefits of the life changes, welcome to a better life, despite all the grind!
ReplyDeleteXX