Disclaimer: this article is a bit shallow and focuses solely on women's attire.
Quite some time ago I read a magazine article about a woman who decided to only wear black; she said that life was infinitely easier as she didn't have to faff around deciding what to wear each morning and worrying what colours went with each other.
This has been on my mind on and off for a while and, the other day as an experiment, I decided to just look at black clothes while I was out shopping... It was a revelation! Pretty much everything that looks a bit meh in colour looks brilliant in black - I whizzed around the stores and now have some new wardrobe staples. I wear quite a bit of black anyway but now I have an actual goal in mind when shopping and I'm (sadly perhaps) quite excited about the whole thing!
I'm not throwing my coloured clothes out but am using them to jazz up the black stuff more. I've bought a few things with different textures including a gorgeous black vest with black sequinned bands on it, 2 soft wool cardigans that I'm wearing either opened, with a wide belt or wrapped around and I'm using the black to showcase my fabulous shoe, jewellery, bag and belt collections... I've finally got a style going!
I'm lucky in that I think I look quite good in black anyway, plus I'm going for a stylish, chic look rather than a scruffy emo one - It's important to ensure that none of the clothes are faded, and that I don't look like I'm going to work or to a funeral!
I seem to be taking to this look very quickly; I'm very much a black and white kind of personality in general, I also draw symmetrical structured pictures in black ink on white or cream backgrounds and I'm not particularly a girly girl. Instead of wearing black because I've just thrown it on, I'm making sure that every piece is carefully chosen because I think it looks fabulous.
So tell me about your style - do you have one? do you like to mix it up a bit? do you throw on the first clean thing you find? do you struggle with deciding what suits you? how long does it take you to get dressed in the morning? do you hate clothes shopping or do you look forward to it? are you a colour person? maybe you're far too busy to even think about it? Lets talk clothes people.
.jpg)
Style ... hmmm ...
ReplyDeleteRecently 2 gay guy neighbors I hardly know stopped me to tell me I am the most stylish person in the building.
ReplyDeleteI've always had a peculiar style, all my own. Not elegant, but fun.
Love black, but you can't wear it in Vegas in the summer - light clothing deflects the sun better.