21 December 2009

STG's Post - And Here is The Weather


Hi Star Trek Girl, well as you know it's been snowing here in Blighty; the council have been utterly useless at gritting even though you could have timed it's arrival by the weather forecast, and most of the streets here are treacherous. (I just wanted to get that word in as it's dramatic and being used on the news every few minutes!)

Apparently A&E is rammed with shattered limbs and bashed noggins; I was actually a little disappointed as I have nearly fallen in a comedy manner a few times but have yet to see anyone go arse-over-tit in front of me. Other people say they've seen loads of tumbles but I have yet to see even one! I'm being very careful because if I break my wrist then I'd be freelance road-kill.

It's raining now so everything is really slushy; the buses are throwing the brown slush back up onto Christmas shoppers, the rain and melting snow are causing rivers to run through town and the drains are overflowing... like they do in that trusty endearing Brighton way. Basically, if it freezes over tonight then we're fucked!

I saw on the news that the Channel Tunnel is closed for the 3rd day running; my landlady's daughter is stuck in Disneyland Paris but I imagine there's worse places for her to be stranded! It doesn't look fun at the airports, and I'm thanking God that it's not me - I don't think I'd have coped very well and would be rushing the news reporters wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth and screaming obscenities - whilst simultaneously weeping.

That is a quick round-up of what's been going on around here... so I don't want to hear any more of your dolphins and snorkeling in the Red Sea stories you show-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?