1 June 2009

But Then That's Just Me

I know everyone is different, but in some ways I have such completely opposing opinions to the general populous that I know exactly why I'm single.

* Cooking; I actively dislike it and feel sulky and enraged that it has to be done - I prepare food instead.

* I'm not that keen on children. All they do it twat around all day and they rarely have anything interesting to say.

* Rain is great. Lying in bed and hearing it gurgle down the drains or pitter patter on my brolly.

* I've never liked one single song by The Who, David Bowie or Pink Floyd. I also don't get Monty Python - love the films, but the series just isn't funny.

* Big fan of clouds - floating water.. amazing! If a cloud only appeared once every 10 years then we'd think it was incredible. People should marvel at clouds more.

* I quite like white, misty days where everything is hazy, atmospheric and ethereal. It's be awful if it was just hot and sunny every day - boring.

* Retiring to the countryside, buying a cute little farmhouse, some chickens and poncing about in a Cath Kidson pinny baking cakes would be my idea of hell - I'd be bored in 2 days... and so would you.

* I'm quite morbid I find graveyards peaceful, though-provoking and interesting. I like to read books on Hollywood Deaths and Black Box recordings occasionally (and I know others that do too) people don't like to think about death, but if you were one day going to live in Australia, wouldn't you wonder what it was like there?

* I distrust quiche. Do you eat it hot? Do you eat it cold? what the fuck is it? It has an identity crisis and I'm not going near it until it sorts its shit out.

* Lavender - nasty stuff. Everyone loves lavender it appears; but not me... it stinks.

* Nicolas Cage; I like him but everyone else seems to think he's a tosser.

* Herbal teas - what's that all about? I actually gagged the first time I smelt peppermint tea; in my opinion most of them smell nice but just taste of slightly flavoured water.

* I don't like lemon in my iced water. I either want lemon or I want water; don't give me a glass of water with a hint of lemon - I don't appreciate the teasing.

* On the subject of drinks, if I ask for a Coke, I don't want a Pepsi or some other inferior brand - If I wanted a glass of pretend Coke I would have asked for a cola. Also, don't fill my glass with  loads of ice; I worked in a bar, I know your game.

*I hate the feel of sunglasses on my face. The bridge of my nose gets all sweaty and I don't like it.

* People in Brighton are always complaining about the seagulls. We live by the sea people - it's like living underwater and complaining there's too many fish. Seagulls get my vote over sweaty, hairy-backed tourists any day.


5 comments:

  1. LOL. Plase don't shoot, I'm not a messenger. Just a wise ass. I thought it was cool a long time ago. Now that i have almost perficted it, turns out no one, nobody, like a smart ass. Of course, I did not realise a wise ass was mostly to be confused with a smart ass. well, you get my drift.

    Are you saying it is like dying to live in Australia? Actually i spent the day thinking a bit about death. Did not dwell on it. The hours are really long. Although you will not have to listen to lying fuckers taking your money.
    i do like kids, i think they have a look on life that is fresh and clear, until we fuck 'em up that is. Guess those are the ones you are talking about.
    I agree about the music, yet again, i must take exception, I kinda liked the Who's "who the fuck are you?" "tell me, tellme, who the fuck are you. but that is about it. PinkFloyd's "bricks in the wall", yeah, that nailed it for me.
    Grave Yards are a breath of fresh air.
    Lemon and water = Lemonaid, anything other than that is (can't think of a PC word here, you supply)
    Bravo on the Coke, Jesus how hard can it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! And Nicolas Cage has something about him that is decidedly non-tosserish. Good eyes.S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when women aren't bothered about kids, it's refreshing. I like the sound of rain too, love it in fact.

    Can't see the Nicholas Cage thing though. Something about him makes me want to hit him with a bat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hint of lemon is awesome!
    in anything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I have a bit of an arsey rant of an evening & it generates more comments than the ugly shoe!

    Nicolas Cage is definitely disliked as I suspected (It'd take a lot for him to undo his performance in Wild at Heart; he rocked that snakeskin jacket)

    Quiche is just wrong either hot or cold; but it's good to see that someone likes its eggy freakness.

    What's interesting is that I thought of these things just off the top of my head - I could go on some!

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?