Unless you're 5, 85, blind, the founder of the company, or a self-loather then you have no excuse for wearing these. Yes I understand they're comfortable but comfort and shoes have no business together so your argument holds no weight with me.
The only way you can reclaim your humanity is to burn them. Don't put them in the recycling as an innocent man would have to touch them, don't send them to the third World - they've got enough problems without you adding to them, and don't bin them in case another madman takes them out and uses them for evil. No, seeing these go up in a multi-coloured puff of toxic smoke is the only way forward - just burn them and put it down to experience.
Any footwear that boasts 'circulation nubs' deserves our contempt, and frankly, if Joan Crawford would never have worn them, then neither should you.
I know what you mean... but.... they do a flip flop which looks absolutely normal and is supremely comfortable. I've worn nothing else for 2 summer's (almost) and no-one has run away from me screaming.
ReplyDeleteCompletely agree about the shoe things though - ugly as hell, however comfortable.
I'm happy to wear impractical shoes when I'm out on the tiles but for everyday running about I want to be comfortable and know that I'm doing my spine a favour.
Hi Elisa, I hear what you're saying & I knew I might get a couple of people who may try to defend the shoewear but I'm afraid I'm going to have to stand my ground on this one.
ReplyDeleteIt's even more important for eveyday running about that you look presentable & in control of your faculties; you may not have had anyone flee screaming from your presence, but the British are quite reserved & polite in that way; they just may not have betrayed their feelings to your face.
Comfort is also in the equation granted, but trainers do the job just as well. Step away from the Crocs my friend - it's for your own good... (remember jelly shoes)