In my late twenties, a girl I once knew told me that I was the most untactful person she'd ever known.
This came as a complete surprise to me but every single friend I mentioned her comment to said they were absolute amazement that I had never seen this in myself.
Apparently everyone knew I was the most untactful, blunt person to ever walk the earth and thought that surely I must have known this about myself. It was so obvious to my friends in fact, that it had never crossed their mind that I could have failed to spot it.
This came as a complete surprise to me but every single friend I mentioned her comment to said they were absolute amazement that I had never seen this in myself.
Apparently everyone knew I was the most untactful, blunt person to ever walk the earth and thought that surely I must have known this about myself. It was so obvious to my friends in fact, that it had never crossed their mind that I could have failed to spot it.
Once I looked at it objectively I saw that they were right. They were so right in fact that I was embarrassed I lacked such self-awareness - how can a person not see the wood for the trees when to everyone else it was so clear? It also made me wonder what else I didn't know about myself...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?