1 October 2012

And The Housing Solution!


So as I mentioned in the previous post, I emailed the American client cheekily asking if I could find him another flat for when his lease is up on the 20th November... and he said yes!  In fact that's all he said. I opened with "would you be open to the possibility of..." and he sent that one word answer. He's not a very chatty man...

I don't think he really cares to be honest. As long as the flat is nice, not too expensive, and quite central then he's not too bothered. The routine is that I find him a place and pay the deposit from his account (I'm a signatory) the agents then email him the contract and ask for references. He scans the forms and emails them back along with a wire for 6 months rent up front (nice) I then get the keys. And this time I move in!!! Blimey.

I haven't told my boyfriend yet but I could barely sleep for thinking about it. I've basically been told I can just go and find a nice one bedroomed flat for myself and my cat then pay half the rent. When does that happen?! I think this was the thing that kept me from leaving to be honest, that and the fact that I do actually care about my boyfriend - I'm just not sure if I'm in love with him. Not how I want to be in love anyway.

I will let you know how it all pans out and at the same time will try not to bore you with my love life. I feel bad talking about him so meanly as well because he's a good bloke but I don't think he's the bloke for me any more sadly. I just have to extricate myself from this situation with as much damage limitation as possible - for both me and him. 

We're also going on holiday together to Sorento for my birthday at the beginning of November for 5 days. I will have to tell him before then obviously and the only 2 options are that we still go together, or I buy him out and go with someone else or on my own. The holiday was very cheap so I could afford to do this. 

It's all quite exciting, scary, a bit sickening, and very sad. But sometimes these things don't work out and you just have to move on. This is such a shame as my boyfriend is a really decent person who's heart is in the right place, but we don't really make each other happy any more. He's said that in the past he'd stayed in relationships even when they weren't working, but I'm not like that and I need to move on as quickly as possible. Life is too short to do anything you're not really into. I won't even carry on reading a book if it doesn't prove its worth after the first couple of chapters!

So moving time again. As always I will let you know how it all pans out. 

* I just told the boyfriend and he is ok with it. I said if I stay here then our relationship is doomed and I will need a new place to live anyway. If I move out then maybe we can salvage it. He agreed. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. Mixed emotions I'm sure ... but for the best by the sounds of it. Glad it's working out X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey. I admire your strength. Good luck with finding a place and I hope everything goes ok with your boyfriend. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?