14 March 2012

I Passed My Driving Test!

Today, exactly 7 weeks to the day that I took my first lesson, I am chuffed to inform you that I passed my driving test. No, that's wrong - I'm exceeding proud to say I passed. Never been prouder of anything I've ever done in fact.

Last night I felt a bit nervous so I reminded myself that I was not afraid of anything except spiders and zombies and, as I was unlikely to encounter either of these on my test, it was silly to be nervous. I went to sleep quite happily (whereas the last 2 nights I had slept badly dreaming that I'd failed my test) and I woke refreshed, unafraid, and with one thought: "today is the day that I get my driving license".

And I did. I only had 5 minor faults (you're allowed 15 faults and no serious faults - this is where your actions may cause someone else to change speed or direction) which is very low and I only started shaking as I sat in the test centre car park waiting for the end result. I felt I'd done well but I didn't want to be a deluded, disappointed idiot.

I am so pleased with myself that I could explode. As you know the whole thing has been quite hard for me and I have really struggled with it. At one point I didn't think I'd ever get it and not just a few frustrated tears have been shed in the process. This is the reason I'm proud of myself; it's the hardest thing I've ever taken on and I finally made it. I passed first time. 

I'm now a driver.

3 comments:

  1. blinking brilliant!!! well done old girl!!! never doubted you! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it is a little late, but bloody well done you! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?