26 January 2012

I'm Driving!

Well it finally happened. The DVLA worked out that I was a real person and gave me my provisional license. I had my first lesson yesterday and can report that I bloody love driving!

It's only been one lesson and I can't at all imagine that I will ever get the hang of the special moves (ie: changing gear and using the clutch whilst looking in every mirror as well as in front of me) but I'm really enjoying it so far.

At one point I hit 15mph and it felt like I was driving like the wind! I felt like I was speeding along and it was pretty scary. I'm not easily scared but you are moving around in a big metal box and that is quite daunting I guess.

I have another lesson tomorrow and you never know; I might even hit 20mph - pedestrians beware!

2 comments:

  1. I will be booking in over 20 years of lifts that you owe me so get yer diary ready lady!

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?