A few years ago I bought a picture of this woman. I can't remember where I found it but I remember that I thought she was beautiful and wondered who she was. I liked it so much that I framed it and had it for years in my bedroom.
My friend and I were just discussing 'women who deserved being called a c**t' (like you do - long story involving The Onion) so I Googled 'Evil Women throughout history' to see if I could come up with any more candidates after I got stuck getting past Myra Hindley and Margaret Thatcher.
And there at number 2 was Elizabeth Bathory - one of the most prolific female serial killers in history. Now I'm not sure if this image is definitely a painting of Elizabeth Bathory but it most certainly is the same picture that has been adorning my home all these years.
I'm not sure what that says about me?

First, I'm so glad I can comment on your blog again! Blogger was being a c**t last week and I couldn't comment on certain blogs...anyways, I agree, the picture is beautiful...you didn't know she was a serial killer when you bought it, but maybe it says something about you subconsciously...lol! Do you still have it? I hope it's still hanging somewhere in your home if you do...I really like it.
ReplyDeleteOh I think she looks lovely, like a right old sourpuss with a rod of iron up her backside. Prime and proper, but you can bet she liked it dirty.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the driving by the way......
(I'll probably thay indoors till you pass!!! teehee)
It's not you, it's the artist. If it's a portrait she commissioned, well, duh - of course she's going to look gorgeous. In all likelihood she was ugly - why kill upwards of 600 young girls if not to eliminate the competition? It's certainly one way to remain the fairest of them all.
ReplyDelete