Just a quick update on the whole offered-a-dream-job thing. Last week I emailed the client a question about his BT bill (I hadn't heard back about the possible job and, as he didn't reply about the bill, I figured he was just busy) but last night he replied. But he only answered the question about the bill and didn't mention a single thing about the job.
I emailed straight back as he'd just sent the email, asking if he'd had time to give it any more thought - and he failed to reply.
Therefore I'm going to have to assuming that he's either just a rude mentalist or that he likes messing people around. What kind of person emails to ask those sorts of questions and then fails to follow it up? So as far as I'm concerned I'm not mentioning it again and from today I'm just getting on with my business as if he's never asked.
If he brings it up again in the future then I can address it, but today I feel like an utter prat and a bit down at the same time. This is crap cos the job would have been nice, but if he hasn't brought it up again even when pressed, I would say it's probably not happening.
What a load of balls.

Oh. I was really excited for you. Can't understand that sort of behaviour - most odd.I do have a word to describe it & him, but I'm too much of a lady to use it!!xx
ReplyDeleteI really don't like to piss on anyones fire, or be the grump in the corner with a face like a smacked arse (although even when I'm happy, I've still got a face like a smached arse!) however, I will say that dream jobs are never really dream jobs, they just seem like it until you do it!
ReplyDeleteNever count your chickens until the money is in the bank and the contract signed, that's what I could say, but hey, its nice to dream sometimes isn't it.
Good luck and festive wishes.