Same story as usual - I have been busy, busy, busy. It's that time of year again where, in a month I traipse off to spend 11 days in a field in Wales; but I'm now at the bit where I get all the pre-op work done so the festival bars run smoothly and people actually have something to drink when they're there! Shame I don't get paid for all this work until the last week of August though...
Star Trek Girl is staying with us from next Monday as she's having another operation on her snappity-snap leg. She broke it last year and it's still not right so she's back from Muscat for a month to sort it out. Selfishly, I'm really looking forward to having her hopping around the place; I don't get to see her that often so having her to stay will be lovely and I see films and crochet afoot (we like to live close to the edge)
Work has been going well and I have another three clients but somehow it never seems to translate into money in my account! Not sure why this is but being crap with money and this being the way of the freelancer may have something to do with it. Getting there though, and luckily I have a shiny new website thanks to Web Developer BBF and I come back from the festival with shed loads of money!
I've decided that the money I get from the festival is going to pay for a trip to Rome in November for my 40th birthday. I'm not sure exactly how I became to be nearing 40 but I turned my back it sorta happened. Not that happy about it to be honest but that's another post I guess. I wanted to go to Rome or Venice and decided Rome would be better for a long weekend; I don't usually look forward to things but I can't wait to see the Colosseum and the Pantheon!
We're going to France in a couple of weeks too; then I have a week before I chip off to the festival. One of BBF's friends is hiring a cottage for his family and friends in Lignerolles which appears to be in the middle of nowhere as far as I can tell. I'm taking my laptop as they have wi-fi (I checked!) but I'm sure I'll be able to find some time to laze around with a book; hopefully when the others have taken the kids out.
I've been paying around with Google Plus this last week as well; I won't go into it now as it's a big subject to cover, but it's kind of like Facebook for grown-ups where you decide which groups of people see the information you share. I use a lot of free Google products and they've made my life so much easier so I'm a big fan of theirs anyway - plus it doesn't help that I hate Facebook! Some people are moving everything over there already which is promising.
Anyway, that's about it. Basically I've been busy doing stuff and have slacked off my blog.
Sorry.
I'm sure it will happen again. x


Thank you Eve - I'm looking forward to going! I've been so busy I could do with a break.
ReplyDelete