Tomorrow we will have had little Dillinger for 2 weeks. On one hand it seems like he's been here forever and on the other, the novelty still hasn't worn off. He busies himself with whatever he can get his tiny paws on and is both an angel and a demon with razor-sharp talons!
Until last night we had been so very lucky that when we went to sleep he crashed out in the living room and only woke when he heard one of us start moving around... the emphasis here being on the phrase 'until last night'... because last night he decided he was going to continue his daytime 2-hourly manic attacking-everything-that-moved sessions which included him throwing himself at my face and climbing me like a ladder.
I must have only gotten around 4 hours sleep, as when I threw him out he miaowed plaintively until I buckled like a French soldier and let him back in again. Dexter did this until he was 5 months old, only stopping once I sprayed water in his face when he continued to hurl himself against the bedroom door - I thought we were going to be lucky with Dillinger but clearly not.
He is a dear little thing who loves to sit on our shoulders and cuddle up on our laps. Well, it's a small matter of contention really as he likes to sit on my lap which bothers BBF a little as he wanted to be the favourite I think. I pointed out that I'm around far more than he is so there's nothing I can do about it!
He's quite chatty and confident and has made himself very much at home. I absolutely adore him and can't bear to think that anything might happen to him. I try not to think about it, but after what happened before it's hard not to. I know he's only a cat but I've waited so long for him that he's actually something special and more than just a bizarrely symmetrical stripey terror.
In the winter I close my bedroom door. I always offer Felice an opportunity to join me but sometimes she does not choose to do so. Invariably in the early morning she wants in and does the paw on the door rub and sad sad meowl. I'll let her in if I'm up but have gotten used to it to the point I can stay asleep.
ReplyDeleteThat kitty is so cute!
Brilliant! Can't believe its been 2 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteYou've got me.....can't pass an adorable cat without commenting.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is good luck.......one of you is bound to win.
So the cat goes outside to do his business? Do you have a litter box?
ReplyDeleteIn America most people have litter boxes and never let the cat outside, especially in cities.
No he does have a litter tray inside - he's not old enough to go out yet and he has to have his injections first. He will hopefully do his business outside when he's older but you can't keep a cat inside all it's life cos that's really cruel! People shouldn't have pets unless they can look after them properly.
ReplyDeleteHe was better last night but that's because we had 2 friends round for dinner, drank 5 bottles of wine & BBF slept on the sofa with Dillinger! I have no idea how I even got into bed...
You were drunk when you were in charge of a child?! I am calling Social Services....and cats need to go outside as no matter how cute they are their sh1t stinks!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is...he's awfully cute! What a little face!
ReplyDelete