As you know, the other weekend I went up to my best friends house to attend her Royal Wedding Party. BFF didn't really fancy it being the dirty traitorous Republican that he is, so I caught the train up to Buckinghamshire; spent the afternoon with my folks, then headed on over to hers later that evening ready for our early morning viewing start!
My friend had really gone to town and decorated the place within an inch of its life; there was more bunting than you could shake a stick at and everyone bought some food and drink with them as well. I was pretty nearly drunk by half eight in the morning and I think I ate more cake than is humanly good for a person.
There were 14 of us altogether and we gathered round to get the first glimpse of Kate's (rather nipply) dress, which was why most of us were watching it really. We thought she looked great although I preferred her sisters dress myself. There were 4 kids attending but they behaved really well after threats of violence and ostracisation, and a great time was had by all.
The day was brilliant fun and it was lovely to all get together over such a happy shared experience. I hope you enjoy the photos; the cake ones have been manipulated over on picplz which I'm having great fun playing with today!


I am glad that you enjoyed it! I don't think that you can have too much bunting and some of this is now in the kitchen as I couldn't let go of it. It was lovely to have all my friends in the same room as this rarely happens. There was far too much food and I am still making my way thru' it. Sausage roll anyone?
ReplyDelete