BBF has been away for the weekend and this is why I have found the time to write 3 blog posts (I know one is just a photo of the kitty but indulge me) It's not that BBF stops me from writing but I find much more time to do things when he isn't around!
He left to set off to camp in Wales for a friends stag do on Friday and returns later today - I've found that my life has changed so much since I met and moved in with him that sometimes I wonder where I've gone. I used to find spending all my time in someone else's company almost impossible; even when my best friend came to visit, I used to need a couple of hours to myself during her stay or I started to feel really irritable and knocky - but I don't seem get that way at all when I'm with BBF.
Isn't that strange that he is the ONLY person I have ever met who's company I can stand almost continuously? And it's not even that he's really dull and demands little attention. Without elaborating, BBF is not a wallflower, but I can happily be around him constantly. Saying that, I had been so looking forward to him going away this weekend as it would be the first time I've had the place to myself since I moved in at the end of November last year!
And I am pleased to report that I have been incredibly productive; I've done loads of little bits and pieces that I've had on my to-do list for ages; I've ironed a massive stack of fabric to sew with, created some more stamp badges as 2 local places are interested in selling them, caught up with friends and family on the phone, I took his daughter clothes shopping (taking a 15 year old shopping makes you feel old and fat by the way) caught up with loads of nerdish history programmes, read the Sunday papers, got up very early Saturday and very late today, and generally had a brilliant time pottering around solo.
The only very small downside to being on my own this weekend was that my eating standards dropped dramatically. BBF does all the cooking so I have pretty much only eaten homemade flapjack, a bagel, some Jaffa cakes and cereal since his departure; but hey-ho he's back later today so I don't have to worry about malnutrition or rickets. Working and living together with a boyfriend for the first time is an interesting and curious journey but that's the subject for another post. I'm really looking forward to seeing him later, but part of me also hopes he doesn't come back until quite late!

I absolutely LOVE the pic of the stick men! So funny! Is it really possible to not mind having someone around 24/7? And he cooks! That's worth a stack of flapjacks, lol! :)
ReplyDelete