25 April 2011

Taaaa Daaaa!


You cannot fail to have noticed that I have been going on about getting another cat for about a year and a half now. Since little Dexter was killed in October 2009 I had a sad pet-shaped hole in my life, and then 2 days ago I took delivery of tiny little Dillinger.


The journey down had indeed been a bit of a nightmare; the traffic was OK but the little fella had managed to poo in his basket and then tread in it. My friend had cleaned him up as much as she could, but his first experience of our house was wet wipes! He then managed to poo all over his foot and tail on 2 separate occasions before the day was over.


He settled in very quickly seeing as he had never left his Mum and always had his sisters to play with, he familiarised himself with his new home quicker than you could say Royal Canin. I kept him in the living room until he had settled in then opened up the rest of the flat one room at a time, but he wasn't too fussed about exploring without us - it seems he's very sociable.


What was also lovely was that yesterday BBF said he "liked him more than he thought he would"; he knew he'd like him but he'd never been particularly attached to the cats he'd had as a kid. He'll have Dillinger all to himself when I go up for the Royal Wedding Party in 3 days time so they may be thick as thieves when I get back. 


So as you can imagine I'm pleased as punch with little Dillinger; he's bouncy, affable, sociable and a real joy to have around. Dexter was very charming but, although Fraidy liked me, she was a moody tortoiseshell and didn't really like anyone else; in fact she'd take your face off if you looked at her wrong, so I love that Dillinger is an amiable little chap.


And thank you all for bearing with me on this one; I know it must have been really boring hearing a grown woman mourn the loss of her cats - even though it's my blog and I'll write what I want! It was a repetitive subject and you were all very supportive so thank you. I may write a post or two about him but I will try not to mention him too often. But for now I have a new kitty.... yaaaaaaay!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new kitty!! My old cat is 17 this year and I hate to think of not having her..hopefully she'll be around for a few more years. Dillinger is sure a cutie! So, you're going to the Royal Wedding? I mean, are you gonna be at a vantage point to get a look at them in person? OMG! I'm so excited about it! Try to get some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve - No, I wish I was going to the Royal Wedding! My best friend is hosting a little get-together for 12 of us to watch the wedding. There's going to be tea with little cakes and sandwiches, cava upon arrival, bunting and all sorts of other paraphernalia. It should be quite fun I think.

    Charlene - thanks you; my cat story is rather sad (if you follow the 'cat' labels then you can read back)so having a new kitty is rather lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is gorgeous! I love the name Dillinger and am so pleased for you that he is here at last. And don't worry about being repetitive - I find it interesting and can't wait to come over when I see you've written something.Fab!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the pleasure of Dilliger's company over the weekend. Do not be fooled by his cute exterior. His farts are noxious..so he's a typical bloke then..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a super-adorable kitten. Now my Kitty-Wantometer is off the scale.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?