22 April 2011

All Good


One more sleep until we get our new kitty! Well, let's be truthful about this - it's one more sleep until I get my new kitty; because we all know this kitten is for me! 

My best friend drives the little fella down tomorrow which could be a hassle or it could be fine; it's only about 2 hours drive away but it's a hot Bank Holiday weekend and I live in one of the towns that people flock to on such occasions. The holiday started today so she might be ok with the traffic. I shall present him to you of course, and then I'll try to shut up about him I promise.

Brighton is great on Bank Holidays, a lot of the population are freelancers and it looked like everyone clocked off after lunch on Thursday; the pubs were packed and I think it might have gotten a bit messy. Because I'm going back up to my friends for the Royal Wedding, I'm only working a 2-day week next week - nice. All these Bank Holidays and the weather seems to be putting everyone in quite good spirits actually!


The Royal Wedding party my friend is holding is going to be really good fun I think; we're having tea and cake, little sandwiches and there's been talk of bunting and tiara's too! It's all brilliantly naff and I'm getting fully into the swing of it - bollocks to cynicism, it's going to be an occasion!

My business has definitely perked up a bit since I last mentioned it; I'm not making a huge amount of money, but I'm out of danger at least and things are going in the right direction. I had basically lost interest for a short while and felt a bit unmotivated; especially as I had discovered I loved making things and wanted to spend my time doing that instead. I sorted myself out and am back on track and going great guns again now - things are definitely looking good.

The craft stuff is also going well; I approached 2 local shops and both said they want to stock the badges I make. One shop is a rather lovely Boutique who have asked for exclusivity in Hove and Shoreham, and the other is a kind of 'trendy' central Brighton shop where a lot of locals and tourists go. I haven't been back to the second one yet but my badges are already selling in the first - the shop assistant had even bought 2! 

So all good all round I guess - have a good Easter folks!

2 comments:

  1. Kitty Delivery Service23 April 2011 at 08:07

    Sun cream? Check. Pants? Check. Tea bags? Check. You know when you get the feeling that there's something else you need to take.....any ideas?....
    See you later-get the kettle on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter hun!! Can't wait to see photos of your new kitten! x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?