31 December 2010

Happy New Year Virtual Friends!

Blimey, another year over already. I've just looked back at last year's New Year blog post and although I didn't get the lottery win, I did get a semblance of stability and am one step nearer to a kitten so that's something at least!  

Resolution-wise, I kept one of my resolutions; which was to click on The Hunger Site every day, but I've been doing this for 2 years now so it's pretty easy. My other resolution was to learn Italian; I signed up for the BBC free email lessons but only managed to keep up with it for a short while, so I'm going to have another go at this one.

Some people don't like resolutions but I quite enjoy them. I like to improve myself, and unless I decide what I'd like to achieve and then work towards it, it'll never happen - opportunities don't always magic themselves out of thin air and, although I like to see what life throws at me, I also want to have plans so I can achieve things myself.

I get quite reflective around my birthday and New Year actually; I think about the year that's passed and let things go so I can move into another year with as many things mentally resolved as possible.  I think about the things I'd like to do and kind of have a mini audit of where I'm heading; it sounds quite staid but I don't consciously decide to do this, it just happens - although I do quite enjoy the planning!

It's been a very good year for me as it goes; last year was pretty shit with Dexter dying and me moving from pillar to post constantly - frankly I couldn't wait to see the back of 2010. This year I met BBF (after a LOT of searching), finally have somewhere I can call home, taught myself how to sew and crochet, will be getting a kitten soon, and left Europe for the first time when I went to Jordan. I'd have to say I'm in a very happy place at the moment.

Tonight I'm very glad that BBF and I are having people over instead of going out; he's much more sociable than I am and would happily attend the opening of an envelope, but I've never cared for New Year personally.  Anyway, wherever you are and whatever you do, I hope you have a great time doing it and I'll see you all next year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and BBF. I do hope it's a good one. I await cute kitten photos.
    I agree it's good to have goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you my virtual friend. I am glad that you have ended the year happy and I look forward to cute BBF photos!!Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?