I think it's now officially winter so it must be time to move house again. As mentioned in previous posts, I have moved 17 times in 16 years, and on Saturday I'll be making that move number 18... because I am moving in with BBF.
I'd often worried about living with boyfriends as I've always needed so much space to myself that I've never been sure how it would work. Strangely, BBF is the one and only person I've ever met who I can spend 24 hours around and not want to kill - I even need a few hours space from my best friend and she is brilliant company!
Lots of things about myself have changed since I met him and all in a good way. I love being around him and find it really hard to sleep on the rare occasion that I go back to my own house (I pretty much just go home to pay rent then come back again) I can stand being in his company constantly, I find it hard to stay in a mood when he's around, and I let him be really annoying around me without punching his face in - which is unheard of!
For years, I've heard people say "when you know, you know" but I've always thought "well HOW do you know?" and now I get it. When I told my (extremely sensible) dad a few weeks ago that I was going to move in, I expected him to advise caution but instead he said he'd never heard me talk about anyone like this and that I seemed certain about him since the day we met so I should go for it. I'd never have considered moving in with someone this soon, but it doesn't feel strange at all - strangely!
My apologies if you've all just thrown up in your own mouths, but I couldn't just move house without mentioning it and, to be fair, it is all rather sickening if you're not us. I feel really lucky to tell you the truth; this time last year I was having the shittiest time I could remember, and now I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm also very glad that I'm an expert house mover!

Cease happiness and contentment whereever and whenever. Do not be afraid!
ReplyDeleteIs that cease or seize, Charlene?
ReplyDeleteAs they say, there's a lid for every pot.
You go, girl.
Just saw "Winter's Bone" - not exactly a barrel of laughs, but brilliant.
"I Am Love" - Tilda Swinton looks like a lizard, but she's great. Love those lush, extravagant movies.
"The Kids Are All Right" - Julianne Moore and Annette Bening are so funny together.
just a little bit of vomit in the mouth ... but bearable for the sake of my friend's happiness!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! You have cost me a fortune in 'New Home' cards over the years not to mention taking up several pages in my address book...
ReplyDelete