25 July 2010

Jinxed Myself!


Why is it that as soon as you say you've not had a cold for ages you get one? Every bloody time.

Summer colds are the worse because all the sneezing and coughing makes you hot and uncomfortable, and night times are fraught and sweaty. I can tell I'm ill as I went to bed before 10.30 last night and that NEVER happens. In fact, I'm usually like a Duracell bunny in that I always want to stay up and not go to sleep - I seldom flag or feel tired unless I've been up 17 hours or more.

Last night I felt like I'd been put thorough a mangle; my whole body ached and my head felt like a mule had kicked it. I had one of those hot restless nights where it feels like you went 10 rounds with the devil - you have all sorts of bizarre thoughts and nothing makes sense. And it's not like I've even got the flu; I've ONLY got a damned cold!

Today I'm sneezy, snotty and red-eyed. I look so attractive you couldn't imagine. I'm refusing to succumb any further however, and have dosed myself up on Sudafed and got myself a stash of ultra balm tissues for my delicate little nosey. I'm not getting a scabby red honker as well!

Why didn't I just keep my big mouth shut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?