
Today I went fishing for the first time ever. Well when I say "I" what I mean is someone else went fishing and I watched.
Adrian (the guy I have now been on 6 dates with) likes going fishing, so today I decided to go along and see what went on. I've been down The Marina loads of times because that's where the cinema is, but I didn't know that if you kept going then there was an area where people (men) go to fish.
I'd taken a few magazines in preparation for a long afternoon, but it was actually quite interesting and I only read one and a half of them. I wasn't so keen on the fish guts side of things or seeing people smack fishes heads on the steps to kill them, but they take them home and eat them so at least there's a point to the whole thing. Like crocheting, there's more paraphernalia than you'd imagine...
There was a whole fishing culture going on down there with entire families getting involved. On one side of us was a man with over half his arse showing, and he and his kids were having a great time; on the other side was a Japanese fella who had a small pop-up tent that his wife and baby spent most of the afternoon in. She had a go a bit later and did quite well.
Amazingly I actually quite enjoyed myself; there was a place nearby where I bought a coffee and a toffee crumble ice lolly, and the only thing I wasn't so keen on apart from the fish guts, was getting a bad case of windswept hair. Although I told one of my friends later and she nearly wet herself laughing - she couldn't picture it apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?